Posted: November 27, 2012 at 5:26 am
By: Andrew Silva, Jamie McCracken and Megan Hudock
Transportation and Parking
- Free parking is offered for cars at the Coliseum, with a shuttle service to the stadium provided for a $4 charge.
- The Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) is available on Saturday game days from 9:30 until an hour after the game ends.
- Parking for RV’s is available at the Coliseum for $80.
- All lots open for cars at 7 a.m on the day of the game.
- The Boston Beanery
- 383 Patterson Dr. Morgantown, WV 26505
- 1.52 miles from stadium
- Kegler’s Sports Bar and Lounge
- 735 Chestnut Ridge Rd. Morgantown, WV 26505
- 1.04 miles from stadium
- The Varsity Club
- 910 Don Nehlen Drive
- Right beside the stadium
- There is no re-entry allowed in the stadium.
- Call 304-393-FANS or text AID to 94597 for game day assistance.
- Beer will stop being sold inside the stadium at the halfway point of the third quarter.
Lodging in Morgantown
- Waterfront Place Hotel
- 2 Waterfront Pl. Morgantown, WV. 26501
- 2.19 miles from stadium
- Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
- 1 Lakeview Dr. Morgantown, WV, 25508
- 8.17 miles from stadium
- Clarion Hotel Morgan
- 127 High St. Morgantown, WV, 26505
- 1.89 miles from stadium
Game day atmosphere
- For 2012, Magazine, “Tailgater Monthly” ranked WVU number 11 in best-tailgating atmospheres. That was the highest of Big 12 schools.
- In what is called the “Mountaineer Mantrip,” approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes before the game, the football team’s players, coaches and marching band will walk from the WVU medical center to the football stadium, on a path surrounded by fans.
- For the past 10 years, WVU is 57-14 when playing at Mountaineer Field.
- Morgantown Municipal Airport (MGW), Morgantown WV
- Three departure flights with four arrival flights Monday through Friday, two flights daily on Saturday and Sunday.
- 3.65 miles from stadium.
- North Central West Virginia Airport (CKB), Bridgeport WV
- United Airlines has daily flights to and from Washington DC.
- 34.15 miles from stadium.
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), Pittsburgh PA
- 70 percent of North America’s Population is within a 90-minute flight.
- 78.17 miles from stadium.
- Gates to the stadium open 90 minutes prior to kick off.
- Milan Puskar Stadium sits 60,000 fans.
- On Gamedays, Mountaineer Field would become the largest city by population (at 60,000 people) in West Virginia.
- WVU has the 5th largest stadium in the Big 12, behind Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
- Each WVU home football game generates approximately $1.6 million for Monongalia County.
- That is $11.2 million over the course of the entire football season.
- Football game days created 649 part time jobs in 2011.
- Statistics above are according to the WVU Bureau of Business and Economic Research.